Monday, January 5, 2015

Dreaming for yourself.

"You know you're cousin from Lake Tahoe..he is an engineer...and his brother is an architect building stores all around there...even their little sister is on her path to becoming a doctor.."
"Every persons life is different" I told him as I could see the disappointment in his eyes.. "I will not follow anyone's path but my own". A long time ago...what seems like a century.. I was in a very serious relationship with a girl I thought I would be building a family with..She taught me so much about myself, but one thing that really stuck to me was to never compare yourself to anyone...I used to see it as normal, but many things I grew up around formed those false beliefs and acceptance of the dangerously low self-esteem I carried..."Don't ever compare yourself to anyone Sam...everyone goes through different things in their lives..no-one is perfect, don't allow people to tell you how to live you're life.". Her words echoed in my mind as I spoke to him about where I stand in life...Her guidance and genuine help manifested in my life through accomplishments I have made and the path I currently pursue.
I have realized I am a dreamer...and my path will not be found in anyone's shadow...people will never be satisfied with how much you have surpassed or the what you have completed in you're life...The only expectations that I live by are my own..So if you're a dreamer too..please dream for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment